About the Facility
Las Cruces is located in the beautiful Mesilla Valley of southwest New Mexico. We sit in the shadow of the Organ Mountains and enjoy 350 days of sunshine a year with a climate that is warm and dry regardless of the season. Our behavioral health facility provides a peaceful environment for those going through treatment. We have specific treatment plans for adolescents, adults, and seniors struggling with psychiatric or substance abuse issues. When you or a loved one is seeking treatment for mental health issues, it is important to find a treatment center that provides a safe and respectful environment. This environment can be found at Mesilla Valley Hospital.
Mesilla Valley Hospital has been in operation for over 25 years providing for the mental health needs of our community. The current campus consists of two buildings, North and South. The original Mesilla Valley Hospital began in the South building in 1987 as a joint venture of six local physicians. Another hospital, Valley View, was built in 1988 by another group and operated in the North building. In 1989, Mesilla Valley Hospital purchased Valley View. The facility sits on 18 acres just northeast of downtown Las Cruces. The facility lies three blocks off of Highway 70 east, but is also accessible via Highway 25. (Click here for directions.)
Mesilla Valley is a 119-bed facility, offering quality psychiatric and substance abuse services for:
- Adolescents – Acute and Male RTC – Inpatient
- Adults – Inpatient
- Geriatric – Inpatient
- Adults – Rehab and Recovery – Inpatient
- Children & Adolescents – Outpatient Programs
Our facility’s philosophy and values are expressed in the acronym P.R.I.D.E.:
- Professionalism – Providing services to all our patients in an effective and efficient manner.
- Respect – We are committed to respecting all people regardless of current issues, knowing that we all deserve respect.
- Integrity – Our word is our bond; our bond is our existence.
- Diversity – We value the rich thread of our tapestry that we all have in common, knowing that our differences bonds us together.
- Excellence – We strive to provide quality services to our patients but we also are dedicated to helping our employees grow both professionally and personally through ongoing training.