Rehab & Recovery
When you arrive at a crossroads in life, you can choose to continue on the path that’s harmful or you can choose the road that leads to A New Way of living. Our rehab hospital is here to help start individuals on a journey to A New Way of living and a path to recovery.
Mesilla Valley Hospital has excellent professional partners that combine their knowledge of chemical dependency with individualized treatment plans to meet each person’s unique needs and goals. A New Way is a program that will help individuals by providing the tools needed to improve their life and work toward a healthier lifestyle.
A combination of evidence-based treatment models are used in A New Way, including:
- 12-Step Facilitation
- Motivational Enhancement
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Continuum of Care
- Intensive Outpatient Program
- Approach to addiction treatment at a level of intensity between inpatient and traditional outpatient.
- 16-week intensive program allows the individual to maintain daily independence.
- Medically Monitored Recovery
- This program will meet the need of the individual where less intensive treatment is appropriate.
- Medically Managed Recovery
- This program will meet the need of the indivudal with medical complications and/or psychiatric issues in conjunction with an addiction problem.
- Attendance at on-site AA/NA meetings
- Membership at local fitness facility
- Weekly outings
- Ropes course and other recreational activities
- Social events with family and/or significant others
Therapy includes a combination of the following:
- Individual, family and group sessions
- Learning life and coping skills
- Relapse prevention, including learning to identify and manage triggers and cravings
- Social reintegration, including managing situations where drug use may occur
- Information and education on the effects of substances on mind, body and spirit
An essential part of the program is developing an effective Relapse Prevention Plan. We will work with individuals, along with their family, significant others and/or employers, to develop a comprehensive aftercare plan prior to leaving A New Way at Mesilla Valley Hospital.
The admission procedure for A New Way is a two-part process. First, a level of care assessment is required. Once completed, it will be reviewed by a doctor who will recommend the appropriate treatment needed. Second, if a person is appropriate for A New Way, a financial counselor will review insurance benefits. Mesilla Valley Hospital accepts many insurances for rehab and recovery services.
Our team of highly-trained, experienced professionals at Mesilla Valley Hospital is here to help those on a quest for sober, responsible and rewarding life.