Mesilla Valley Hospital Visitor Guidelines
It is the purpose of Mesilla Valley Hospital to facilitate positive family and community visitation in our treatment facility. However, visitors must adhere to the following guidelines to ensure the safety of patients, staff, and visitors in the behavioral health center.
- Three visitors per patient are allowed at one time. Any children visiting the hospital must be at least five years old.
- No cell phones, cameras, laptop computers, other types of recording devices or canned drinks are allowed in the building.
- Visitors’ purses should be locked in your vehicles or will be locked in the lockers provided. The locker keys will be left at the front desk.
- Food is only allowed during visiting hours for the Adolescent & RTC units. Food is not allowed on the Adult Unit as the visits are held on the unit.
***An Adult/Guardian (over 21 years old) must accompany visitors under 18 years of age.
Mesilla Valley Hospital visiting hours are subject to change. Upon admission, you will receive information about visiting hours and the designated times for phone calls. Each patient will receive a patient code number. When calling patients, please state the patient code number; without this number, we cannot confirm or deny that a patient is at our facility.
Visitor Contract for Adolescent Patients
A signed Visitor Contract will state that you, as the visitor(s), understand and will follow Mesilla Valley Hospital’s rules for visiting our Adolescent or RTC unit patients. Any individual visiting our patients must be on the approved visitation list provided by the patient’s individual therapist.
No individuals under the age of five will be permitted behind locked doors and there is to be no more than three visitors per patient at any one time. All visitors must be at least 18 years or older unless accompanied by an adult. Visits are monitored unless a special visit has been ordered by the treatment team.
Visitors will be asked not to wear revealing clothing while visiting. You will be asked to put on a sweater or jacket or to visit at another time if you cannot adhere to this. Please appreciate the potential sensitivity of each patient and their family members.
- Spaghetti strap blouses/dresses, etc.
- Midriff blouses/shirts
- Cloths that are too tight or baggy, have holes, team/gang/Satanic emblems, or are short enough to expose abdomen or underwear
- Two to seven changes of appropriate clothes (no gang or drug glorification/representation, no straps, no strings, no revealing attire)
- Basic hygiene items (no items with alcohol)
- Phone list of important numbers (no cell phones allowed)
- You are also welcome to bring your own pillow and blanket; however, these will be provided for you.
- For specific lists of allowed/prohibited items, please refer to the specific program handbook.
Contraband will not be allowed back on the unit for any reason. In addition to this, food or drink items need to be consumed during the visit, as none of these items will be permitted back to the unit either.
The following items are not allowed in the hospital:
- Electrical devices (cell phones, MP3 players, cameras, laptops)
- Items that can be viewed as a weapon (i.e. nail file, tweezers – anything that would be restricted from an airplane)
- Alcohol and drugs (including paraphernalia)
- Cigarettes (smoking is only allowed on the Recovery I and II units)
The following hotels are located close to Mesilla Valley Hospital and offer medical/hospital rates on rooms for Mesilla Valley Hospital patients and their families. Please call for current rates, as rates are subject to change.
Hampton Inn & Suites
2350 E Griggs
Las Cruces, NM 88001
Fairfield Inn by Marriott
2101 Summit Ct.
Las Cruces, NM 88011
StayBridge Suites Hotel
2651 Northrise Dr
Las Cruces, NM 88011
Super 8 Motel
3405 Bataan Memorial West
Las Cruces, NM 88012
The following hotels do not offer a medical/hospital rate, but they are close to Mesilla Valley Hospital.
Motel 6 Telshor – Las Cruces
2120 Summit Court
Las Cruces, NM 88011
2143 Telshor Ct.
Las Cruces, NM 88011
Checker Cab/Yellow Cab
1229 S. Espanola
LCL Taxi Service
2321 Westgate Court, Suite B
Rental Car Companies
Las Cruces Shuttle & Charter Service
(Provides shuttle service to El Paso International Airport, along with Amtrak and bus stations in the El Paso, Las Cruces, Deming, and Silver City areas.)
Roadrunner – City of Las Cruces Transit Department
Greyhound-Trailways Bus Lines
* The closest full-service airport is the El Paso International Airport, which is approximately 60 miles from Mesilla Valley Hospital.
The following restaurants are within close proximity of Mesilla Valley Hospital.
Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar
2501 E. Lohman Ave.
3231 N. Main St.
2200 N. Main St.
4401 N. Main St. (Highway 70 East)
Mexican cuisine. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Closed Mondays.
Chili’s Southwest Grill & Bar
426 N. Telshor Blvd.
2139 N. Main Street
Furr’s Fresh Buffet
2340 E Griggs
All you can eat buffet. Serving lunch and dinner.
601 S. Telshor Blvd.
Buffet style restaurant. Serving breakfast on weekends, lunch and dinner daily.
International House of Pancakes
2900 N. Telshor Blvd.
3961 E Lohman Ave # A
Italian cuisine; open for lunch and dinner.
2495 N. Main St.
New China Super Buffet
850 N. Telshor
Large variety lunch & dinner buffet.
940 N. Telshor Blvd.
Pizzeria Uno Chicago Grill
2102 Telshor Ct.
Pizzas, pastas and steaks. Serving lunch and dinner.
Red Mountain Café
1120 Commerce Drive.
Soups, sandwiches and fresh baked goods. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Roberto’s Mexican Food
908 E. Amador Ave.
Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Closed Sundays.
2611 N. Telshor Blvd.
Full lunch and dinner menu
Si Señor Restaurant
1551 E. Amador Ave.
Mexican cuisine. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
3011 N. Main St.
2960 N. Main St.
Homemade Mexican food. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Closed Sundays.
2880 N. Main
2808 N. Telshor
2523 N. Main St.
2583 N. Main St.
2200 E. Lohman
Featuring ribs, fresh baked bread, hand cut steaks, made from scratch side dishes.
Village Inn Pancake House
445 N. Telshor Blvd.
The following shopping options are located near Mesilla Valley Hospital.
2501 N. Main
1900 Bataan Memorial E
Mesilla Valley Mall
700 S. Telshor Blvd
2711 N Telshor Blvd
Walgreens (Open 24 hours)
3100 N Main St
2300 E Lohman Avenue
Walmart (Open 24 hours)
571 S. Walton Blvd.
For more information about Las Cruces
Chamber of Commerce of Greater Las Cruces: www.lascruces.org
City of Las Cruces: www.las-cruces.org
Hispano Chamber of Commerce: www.thehispanochamber.com
Las Cruces Convention & Visitors Bureau: www.lascrucescvb.org