The Addiction Recovery Center at Mesilla Valley Hospital is an inpatient program that works with adults struggling with alcohol and drug addiction. Through our intensive program, patients gain valuable insight into addiction, along with relapse prevention tools and coping skills. Mesilla Valley Hospital offers a medically-managed and medically-monitored program that:
- Addresses co-occurring mental health concerns in addition to chemical dependency.
- Focuses on the behavioral changes needed to help patients acquire tools to maintain a solid recovery.
- Works to ensure patients have a strong aftercare plan to prevent relapse.
The Addiction Recovery Center may be appropriate when the following criteria are present:
- History of substance use that impacts a person’s family, social, and/or career setting
- History of substance use in situations that are physically harmful, including, but not limited to driving under the influence
- Continued substance use despite the knowledge and awareness of the damaging physical and psychological effects
- There is an evident need to increase substance use to achieve intoxication
- Expressed willingness to get help and engage in treatment
Mesilla Valley Hospital works with patients dealing with chemical dependency issues related to alcohol, heroin, cocaine, marijuana, meth, prescription medications, and other substances. We provide comprehensive treatment that includes drug & alcohol detoxification and rehab.
An individualized treatment program is developed for each patient using a combination of evidence-based treatment models and activities, including:
- Motivational Enhancement
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Interactive Journaling
- Twelve-Step Facilitation
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Specialized psychotherapy groups addressing specific needs like military life, men’s & women’s issues, trauma, healthy boundaries & relationships, mental health conditions, and life skills
- Attendance at on-site Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) meetings
- Ropes course and other recreational therapy
Treatment involves regularly-scheduled individual, group, and family therapy that incorporates:
- Identifying and learning strategies to manage triggers and cravings
- Learning appropriate life and coping skills
- Managing situations where drug or alcohol use may occur
- Education on the effects of substances on mind, body, and soul
- Essential step work and assignments
- Relapse prevention
- Discharge planning to the next level of care
- Identification of AA/NA groups in a patient’s community to include a sponsor
Treatment at the Addiction Recovery Center is lead by a specially-trained clinical team with expertise in chemical dependency treatment. The treatment team includes:
- Licensed Therapists
- Psychiatric Nurses
- Adjunctive Staff
- Discharge Planners
- Mental Health Technicians
- Patient Advocates
An essential part of the program is developing an effective Relapse Prevention Plan. The treatment team will work with patients, along with their family, significant others, and/or current treatment providers to develop a comprehensive aftercare plan prior to discharge from the hospital, in order to help the patient continue on a healthy path to recovery.
When you arrive at a crossroads in life, you can choose to continue on the current path, or you can choose the road that leads to a new way of living. Mesilla Valley Hospital is here to help individuals on the path to recovery, which includes improving quality of life, helping to rebuild healthy relationships, and leading to a healthier lifestyle.
Our goal is to make the first steps to recovery as simple as possible.
- The first step is to provide a clinical assessment, once insurance benefits have been verified. Some insurance companies allow phone assessments, but some require face-to-face assessments.
- Once the assessment is complete, a physician will review the clinical information and determine if the patient is clinically-appropriate for the program.
- Finally, the insurance company will be contacted to request authorization.
Mesilla Valley Hospital accepts Medicare, TRICARE®,
and most major insurance plans for our Addiction Recovery Center.
Financing May Be Available
Mesilla Valley Hospital offers patients and their families an opportunity to help finance treatment. Because we know hospital stays can be a financial hardship for many people, we have created a partnership with Prosper Healthcare Lending.
Prosper HealthCare Lending is the premier financing company in the healthcare industry. With over $3 Billion borrowed and over 250,000 people empowered, this is a name and a program you can trust. Here are some of the benefits you’ll receive with a loan from Prosper Healthcare Lending:
- Immediate decisions for loans under $35,000
- Longer terms for lower monthly payments
- No collateral required
- No prepayment penalties
- Fast & easy loan inquiry process
- 100% Confidential
Apply now to see if you qualify:
TRICARE is a registered trademark of the Department of Defense, Defense Health Agency. All rights reserved.
To find out more about the Adult Addiction Recovery Center or other programs at Mesilla Valley Hospital, please call us anytime at: 575.382.3500 or 800.877.3500. You may also fill out the contact form below to request more information.