Mesilla Valley Hospital visiting and phone hours are subject to change. Upon admission, patients and their family members will receive information about visiting hours and the designated times for phone calls. Each patient will receive a patient code number. Anyone who wants to call or visit a patient will have to provide the patient’s code number. Without this number, hospital staff cannot confirm or deny a patient is at our facility or provide any other details about the patient.
Mesilla Valley Hospital strives to facilitate positive family and community visitation for patients in our treatment facility. However, visitors must adhere to the following guidelines to ensure the safety of patients, staff, and visitors:
- Only three visitors per patient are allowed at one time.
- All visitors must be at least 18 years or older unless accompanied by an adult (over 21 years old). Any children visiting the hospital must be at least five years old.
- Visits are monitored unless a special visit has been ordered by the treatment team.
- No cell phones, cameras, laptops, tablets, or other types of recording devices are allowed in the hospital.
- Visitors’ purses and wallets should be locked in a vehicle or will be locked in the lockers provided. The locker keys will be left at the front desk.
- No outside food or drinks allowed during visitation.
Visitor Contract for Adolescent Patients
A signed Visitor Contract will state that you, as the visitor(s), understand and will follow Mesilla Valley Hospital’s rules for visiting our Adolescent or RTC unit patients. Any individual visiting our patients must be on the approved visitation list provided by the patient’s individual therapist.
Visitors should wear appropriate clothing when visiting patients. If you wear clothing that is deemed too revealing or inappropriate, you will be asked to put on a sweater or jacket or to visit at another time. Examples of inappropriate clothing include, but are not limited to:
- Spaghetti strap blouses/dresses
- Blouses/shirts that expose the midriff
- Clothes that are too tight or baggy
- Clothing that features team, gang, Satanic, or alcohol/drug paraphernalia references or graphics
Contraband will not be allowed back on the unit for any reason. The following items are considered contraband and therefore are not allowed in the hospital:
- Electrical devices (cell phones, MP3 players, cameras, laptops)
- Items that can be viewed as a weapon (i.e. nail file, tweezers, scissors, knives, and other items)
- Alcohol and drugs (including paraphernalia)
- Cigarettes (smoking is only allowed for patients in the Addiction Recovery Center)
o find out more about visiting patients at Mesilla Valley Hospital, please call us anytime at: 575.382.3500 or 800.877.3500.