The following is a list of recommended items for patients to bring upon admission to Mesilla Valley Hospital.
- Two to seven changes of appropriate clothes (no gang or drug glorification/representation, no straps, no strings, no revealing attire)
- Basic hygiene items (no items with alcohol)
- Phone list of important numbers (no cell phones allowed)
- For specific lists of allowed/prohibited items, please refer to the specific program handbook.
Items Not Allowed
To protect our patients and staff from injury, we have compiled the following list of items which should not be brought to the hospital. Any items considered inappropriate will be sent home with family members or held for safekeeping by nursing staff until the patient is discharged. Patients may not use items in safekeeping during their stay. All cosmetics must be in plastic containers.
- Medications & drugs (including over-the-counter)
- Safety razors
- Soft drinks (cans or bottles)
- Any glass or breakable containers
- Flammable material
- Aerosol sprays
- Personal laundry supplies
- Any solution or liquid containing alcohol
- Metal coat hangers
- Fireworks or any product containing gun powder
- Guns or ammunitions
- Perfumes or colognes
- Any sharp objects
- Matches or lighters
- Ropes, cords or string
- Plastic bags
- Any items that may endanger patients or staff
To find out more about items that are permitted at Mesilla Valley Hospital, please call us anytime at: 575.382.3500 or 800.877.3500.